Friday, September 21, 2012

Insert funny title here

I haven't had a chance to update since I was discharged from the hospital.  It has been one thing after another.  So glad I am busy but I need some rest ha!

I got out on Monday night but didn't get to see the home nurse until Thursday morning.  My kidney's were not processing the Tobra well enough so we had to switch from dosing every 24 hours to every 36 hours.  Seems that has worked.  But because of this, I had to wait to have the nurse come out right before the dose to draw my trough level.  Hence the Thursday morning visit.

I spoke with the docs again about the port placement.  They said my next admission we will schedule it for the morning of it so that I can come in that morning, get it placed and get put in a room and start the clean out then.

Other than that I feel OK.  I had to stop volunteering though, and I am bummed about that.  Thursday was my normal day and I didn't think I was going to make it through.  I was dragging next to the ponies and they are slow to begin with!  I told the coordinator that if I feel better in a few months I would love to come back.  Right now with school, the wedding and the assistantship I am pressed for time and those 4 hours were wearing me down more than they should have been.  I am going to miss the ponies and my volunteer buddies :(

This coming Wednesday I have a clinic appointment so we will see just where I am health wise.  I should be back to base by now I would think.  I was going to do 20 days of IVs but I kinda want to be done on Wednesday.  Guess that will all depend on my numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment