Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Evaluation Date Set

I was surprised when transplant clinic called me the other day to set up my appointments...for February 19th.  Holy soon batman!  Its going to be a very long day with not much time to rest.  But I will sleep good on Thursday...no wait I can't because I have to pick the SD up from the airport.  Great.  Maybe the flight will be delayed in like it was delayed out.

Anyway...I meet with everyone but the doctors.  First appointment is at 9am and the last is at 4pm with a double CT scan of my lungs and sinuses.

After all those tests and meetings are done I only need to get a TB test done and bone density scan and I will be completely up to date on my testing.  That reminds me, I need to call my PCP and set up the TB test appointments.

I assume on May 2nd when I have my clinic appointment they will go over everything with me, and let me know the reasoning for the rush to get this done.  I am assuming right now there is worry I won't do well after the pancreas surgery.  I mean really, with an FEV1 at 32%, if I were to handle the surgery poorly, I don't have much wiggle room do I?  Any small bump is likely to put me in danger and need of a transplant.  Let's hope that I don't get there and that if I do I know what I want....I am still so unsure of it all................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment