Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Comes to an End

What a year!

Looking back on the past 365 days really amazes me.  I do it every new year's, as do most people I am sure.  But I think this one has the most changes.  I'm now officially living in Boston with the love of my life, I have a new family, I'm a surrogate mom, I've made new friends up here, I've started the Grad school process, I've been approved for SSDI, I met so many new CFers, I managed to make 2 full holiday meals (for the first time! Christmas and Easter), I spent my first Christmas away from my family, and I am finally content in my life.

I think that is one heck of a year.

Many lessons were learned as well, both new and old.  Life is short, we need to live it to the fullest each day.  Friends and family are way more important than anything else.  And only you can make yourself truly happy.

This year has been an amazing one.  Filled with love, laughter, sadness and joy.  It definitely had its down, and we lost way too many friends along the way.  But overall it was great.

Everyone has resolutions, I usually do too, but this year I think I will pass.  Nothing like setting yourself up for disappointment from day one!  So instead I vow to make my 2011 as wonderful as I can, despite the hospitalizations, the sickness, the breathlessness and the worries.  I will make it a year to remember, as each year should be.  I hope you all will do the same!

Be safe and Happy New Year!!!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love that you are feeling content with life! Here's hoping for a year full of health, a little school and a lot of love... You deserve the best!

    ReplyDelete