Thursday, December 2, 2010

Clinic Appointment and Sleep Study

Last night I had my overnight Oximetry study done.  We want to make sure I am getting the right amount of O2 at night.  Of course we had to do it during the course of IVs so my lungs are at their best.  But the few times I woke up I was around 88-90% so I am sure I dipped lower while sleeping.  I woke up totally exhausted, but with no headache luckily.  That is also a "good" sign to me.  The funniest thing happened too, when Peter's alarm went off.  It startled me, just like it does every morning, and my HR jumped way up!  Kinda funny to see it actually happen while also feeling it.  Made me giggle.

Clinic was OK.  My numbers have pretty much stayed the same.  I was 1.11L two weeks ago and today I was 1.16L.  I went from 38% to 39%.  Most of this could be from having the tests at 1:30pm versus the mornings when I usually do.  Tuesday is my next appointment where my PICC will be pulled so I am sure I will be back in the low 40s.  And if not then, well, I don't know.

The NP also gave me the number for an ENT (Ear Nose and Throat doctor) so I can have my sinuses checked out. I might not think they are bad but the bugs that are up there can drip into my lungs and keep causing issues.  As much as I DO NOT want sinus surgery, I will get it if the doctor feels I need it and if it will make me eligible for transplant at some point.  Which was mentioned, that if/when I decide to be evaluated, I will have to have them checked and possibly worked on then.  Better to have it done now while I am still relatively healthy.

Once I get my sleep study results back I will post them, and also I need to remember to ask about my culture on Tuesday.  I forgot today.


  1. I'm glad I had my sinus surgery, though it was rough for me at the time - I think my story is definitely not the norm. But now I am sick less, and even when i do get a cold or exacerbation, it just doesn't seem as awful as it used to, I think because my nose is working properly now (I also had to have septoplasty because I had a significantly deviated septum - they said it was almost blocking off the nasal passage on that side. so now instead of beign trapped up there, I can actually get things out. My surgery did take an hour longer than they anticipated because I had so much gunk up there!

  2. I'm glad you got that sleep study done. After I did mine and started sleeping with o2, I sleep like a baby :)


  3. Yeah Shannon everyone I have talked to has said it is so painful and all and I just really don't want to get it done.

    Ronnie, I have been using O2 at night for a little over 2 years now. They just want to make sure I am getting the right amount :)