Monday, June 13, 2011

A New Puppy

We have been talking about getting a puppy for a long time. Now it looks like it will be this summer for sure. I am really excited to have a puppy to play with and force me to get out and walk.

BUT......

I am scared to love another puppy and go through what I went through with Maggie. Maybe I am overly emotional about it but I still well up with tears just thinking about her. She was my whole life. I feel like I lost a part of me when I had to put her down. And now I am opening myself up to pain like that again.

I know it will not be the same. She (P wants a female) will be the family dog and not just my sole companion. But I will be with her the most. I am home all day. I will be the one walking her, picking up her pooh, and taking her for her shots etc.

I am excited for the chance to love a pet again like her, but I am scared shitless. That was the WORST pain I have ever felt and I have lost friends, grandparents and a step mom.

I will be sure to post pictures when we do adopt her. I have my eye on a cutie as we speak...

3 comments:

  1. Very exciting!! I recently lost my dog Sophie & still am trying to recover. I'm looking forward to the day when I can have another four-legged friend running around. Life just isn't complete without a special companion. Good luck on your new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true! I sometimes wish I had a puppy keeping my feet warm on days like today when it is chilly and rainy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww- I hope you find the perfect furbaby :) Good Luck! My Paisley (yorkie) has done her job too well (and gets me up at 6am to do a treatment then sits on my treadmill and stares at me- puppy guilt works)

    ReplyDelete