Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ever Wonder When Up Might Turn Down?

The past few days have been a whirlwind of ups.

Saturday we went to the venue and put the deposit down and officially picked our wedding date.  It felt great to be able to make such a huge decision!  Sunday we went to the Topsfield fair and I saw my afghan on display with a beautiful blue ribbon hanging from it. I won first prize in my crochet division.  I was stoked!  It totally made my day.  Monday was my 31st birthday (yay for another year!), and my soon to be sister in law, niece and step daughter went wedding dress and bridesmaid dress shopping with me.  We had a blast!  I think I even found THE dress!  We had margaritas afterwards to celebrate and they were delicious!  That night I got an email from my college saying I had been officially accepted into the graduate program.  I was floored and totally NOT expecting that!  I was told I would need to take some classes and get more academic referrals in order to be accepted.  So to receive that email totally took my breath away!

Then today the shocker!  Yes there IS more....I hit 1.47L, or 50% with my FEV1.  SAY WHAT?!?!?!  Yeah that number is higher than I have had in like 3 whole years.  Amazing for me!  I feel fabulous and look great.  Now I just have to hold on to that wonder number until I walk down the aisle.

Being the realist / pessimist that I am it makes me wonder when the downhill will start.  It has to start at some time right?  I can't go up and up and up can I?

Don't worry I am not sulking and waiting around for it to happen.  I am thrilled with what HAS happened since it seems to me its been a while when so much has gone my way.  I plan on finding a way to embrace my new found healthy numbers and live more.

I am very very pleased with this all!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What fantastic news . . .all of it :) Those are the kinds of days we need more of!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for this windfall of good news! I think you CAN keep going up and up and up! I'm hoping you next report that you've hit 60% or more! Hugs fro Ohio!!!

    ReplyDelete