Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Friend Needs Help with a Vest

I may have blogged about this before I don't remember.  A friend of my friend's has bronchiectasis and has a vest she has been using almost 3 years.  This entire time she has been fighting with them to cover it.  They refuse.  Her doctor and social worker have sent letters to the insurance company explaining she needs it in order to breath.  Their response: she has a husband who can do chest PT on her and therefore doesn't need the vest.  As everyone knows, the vest allows us to have independence.  We don't rely on someone else to do our chest PT.  Insurance doesn't understand that.

If any of you know of foundations or organizations that can grant her money I would love to hear about them.  Or if anyone has a vest they are no longer using and want to get rid of I am sure she would be willing to pay for the shipping.  Please send me a face book message if you have any information that can help.

Thanks in advance!

1 comment: