Sunday, April 28, 2013

Bitten by the Flu Bug!!!

Yup, it got me, a little late in the season but it got me.  It started with Peter last weekend and I picked it up this weekend.  My CF doctor told me to come to the ER if my fever spiked again and since it was 103 this morning, we decided to take a trip.  Some fluids, a nose swab and a chest x-ray later and it was determined I have Flu B.

They are keeping me over night to monitor me and make sure my breathing doesn't get any worse.  Its very hard to cough since it feels like I have glass shards in my chest, but hopefully the TamiFlu and fluids will help with that.  Looking forward to being back to normal and getting my paper done this week.  I finished one yesterday and printed it out so I am going to make use of my time in here and get the other one done as well as the assistantship stuff and practice for my presentation on Thursday.  I have so much to do this week it really sucks the flu had to hit NOW!!!

I have an appointment with my CF doctor next Tuesday, the 7th, so we will see if this flu did anything to my numbers.  I was expecting to be put on IV antibiotics next week, but who knows now.  Right now I am just getting IV fluids, no antibiotics.  But that could change tomorrow depending on what my culture comes back with.

I might as well update on everything while I am here right....Thursday I started working out with my personal trainer.  LOVE IT!  I was so sore on Friday but a good sore.  I am looking forward to being in shape and toned up.  I cannot wait.  Thursday I also had transplant clinic and I got another clean bill of health and a "see you in 6 months" as I walked out the door.  Love that too!  I go back in 6 months and that will be right when I am finished with the PT so maybe my numbers will have improved some.  She was excited for me when I told her I want to look into going back to work.  She thought that was a great idea, as long as I figured all the SSDI and disability issues out.  I've got a year to do it...I had seen them right before the honeymoon from hell so I was telling her all about that and she was so shocked my lungs crapped out as much as they did on the plane.  She said they would have had to make an emergency landing had I not been wearing my O2 for sure.  She said some people just respond totally different to flying than others....yeah ya think lol.

So that is all.  Hopefully I am out of here tomorrow and back home curled up in my bed.  It took me forever to get out of the house today because I didn't want to move.  103* fevers will do that to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment