Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cancer...it might run in the family

I am so very excited.  My brother called me today and he is going down to Penn tomorrow to get tested for the colon cancer gene.

I just know that he doesn't have it!  I was positive I had it, and it turned out I was right.  And I feel just as strongly that my brother doesn't have it.  I hope I am right again.

Please keep him in your thoughts that he doesn't have the gene and will not pass it on to his 2 children.

It scares me to think he could have it too.  But if he does, then he will know and he will be able to get tested each year like I do.  And if he doesn't, he won't have to get a colonoscopy until he is 45 or so.

To find out more about this read my blog posts:

my-colon-cancer-screening-visit

colon cancer screening results

1 comment:

  1. Do CFers hate people that smoke. I hate myself for it. My niece has cf and works to breathe. I take my lungs for granted. I feel like such a piece of shit. I'm having a hard time after Eve died dealing w/ mortality. Anyways I just stumbled on to your blog. I had to vent. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete