Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Time

Today officially starts the summer for Peter's daughter and I.  She is doing VBS this week in the mornings and then she will be with me or her nana afterwards.

This summer will be a test for me.  For both my CF and my sanity lol.  I will have to think of fun things to do with an 8 year old that won't break the bank.  The park of course is top on my list and playdates with some of her friends too.

I'll have to relearn my treatment schedule, and functioning on less sleep than I am used to.  There will be a few weeks where she goes with her nana so I can catch up on a lot then.

Wednesday is my clinic appointment and getting a round of IVs is definitely a good idea.  It will keep me healthy all summer so I don't lose a lot of ground from lack of sleep.  Plus, it will help me run around and chase after her!!!

4 comments:

  1. If you run out of things to do with an 8 year old, give me a shout! I have plenty of tricks up my sleeve that don't require too much physical effort on your part... (which all us CFers know is key to our sanity haha)One of the favorite games my kids (as is 'my kids' that I nannied for not actually my kids) loved was treasure hunting. The day before I would create all this rhymes and clue and walk around putting them on the correct item. At the end of the treasure hunt was a little prize (usually something from the dollar store or a package of cookie dough then we'd bake cookies. They went crazy for the game. Bonus... you can take your time walking through the night before setting it up and you can make it as long as you want or as short as you want. Then you have a bit to relax while she runs around looking for all the clues.
    Take Care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote an article on helium about low budget activities:

    http://www.helium.com/items/231026-low-budget-ways-to-entertain-kids-in-the-summer

    There are other articles too that have some good ideas too! I really hope your summer goes well Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you both rock!!! Thanks for the ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chunks.

    *vomit*

    *puke everywhere*

    *goes insane from the thought*

    *falls in doorway and vanishes*

    ReplyDelete