Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ringing in the New Year!

2012 is sure to be filled with a ton of excitement. P and I get married in October, then go on our honeymoon to Hawaii.  My brother turns 30 around Thanksgiving so we are going to celebrate it with my family in PA. I am continuing my Master's classes (thanks to the disability department at school for getting my financial aid sorted out). Many new babies and weddings this year for friends and family.  Plus any exciting things that may happen along the way.  I am looking forward to a new year filled with exciting times and new adventures.

I have set some resolutions for myself for this upcoming year.  With no pressure though. These are things that I need to work on either way so I am adding them to my resolution list.  

1. Use my Wii fit to exercise and get my exercise age down from 44 to something closer to 31. I want to make sure I am not on O2 24/7 when I walk down the aisle to marry the love of my life.
2. Eat healthier foods, and cook more so the whole family eats better.  We all need to eat better and stop with the processed junk foods.
3. Pay more attention to world happenings. I am ignorant to what is going on in the world. The news always depresses me but then I don't know anything of importance.

As I ring in the new year tonight with my soon to be hubby I reflect back on the 2011 year.  So much happened! P proposed to me (by far the most exciting!). I started grad school.  We had our first family vacation together. We got a dog. I started the transplant evaluation process. My family got to visit me and see my new home.  P bought a new car. I got my hysterectomy.  My afghan won 1st prize at the local fair.  And that is all I can remember right now.  There were many little moments through out but these are the most memorable.  Unfortunately not everything was happy. We lost many CF friends.  The greatest lost for me was Bree.  I still miss her terribly and hope she is enjoying her time with those she loved and lost before her.  

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy new year and takes whatever life hands them in stride.  There will be good times and bad times but through it all we will press on.  May you all be safe this evening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment