Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Port Flushes

I finally did it!  Finally, like its been years or something HA!

I accessed and flushed my own port, all by myself!  P was there for moral and comical support.  He recorded the whole thing on my iPad in case I passed out so we could watch it later.  No worries, he would have helped me up off the floor....after he finished laughing of course.  That man loves me, and I him!

The fact that I did not pass out, did not vomit and was not squeamish at all is astounding!  I did stall for a few minutes before poking myself, but that was it.  Being able to do this on my own will save me a bunch of money and time in the long run.  Doubtful I will access myself mid-IVs but de-accessing on days the nurse is coming to change my dressing will be a necessity!


No comments:

Post a Comment