Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Today's Clinic Appointment

It went fairly well. Pretty much how I expected it to go. My FEV1 is at 40% right now. I checked and it is 1.26L. I was at 45% FEV1 last time but no idea what the L were. So that is a significant drop, but nothing that I can't bring up (hopefully). My weight also went from 113 to 112, which I don't find alarming at all. It is summer and I eat a little less than normal so I expect to loose weight. And as long as I don't drop a whole lot I will be ok. The pain in the right side of my lung is a plug. There is a good chance that my numbers are so low because of the plug. It is hard to get some good air moving when it hurts to take a deep breath. When I was exhaling for the test I could feel my lungs and they felt different. Not like they normally do when I exhale for it, kind of like a balloon deflating where someone is holding the mouth of it almost totally closed so only a little air can get out. Very strange feeling I might add!!!!

He cleared me for starting back to work on Monday the 28th. So I called my boss and told him and I can't wait to start. I may have enjoyed the break and seeing Owen and James all the time but I am ready to get back to work. I feel so bored and useless just sitting around doing nothing all day!!

When we were talking about going back he almost seemed like he wanted to tell me know about full time. He had this hesitant look on his face. I was going to ask but I can't afford to not work full time right now. Once I am in my mom's house it will be different. I won't have to worry about rent so I can drop my hours and pay to COBRA my benefits. It sucks because I have a sneaky suspicion that I will end up back in the hospital before the end of the year. But if that happens then I will definitely start my part time routine.

That's all for now. I am sure I will have a bunch to post come Monday when I get to go back and get bombarded with all the "we missed you" and "how are you feeling" questions! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment