Saturday, July 10, 2010

She Passed

Well I didn't leave this morning to go see my step mom and it turned out to be a good thing.  She passed away early afternoon.  Even if I had left by 7am I wouldn't have made it in time.

She will be missed by all of us.  I feel horrible for my dad.  I can't imagine what he must be going through.  I know he is relieved she is no longer suffering, but to come home to an empty house and know that she will never ever come home....That has got to hurt.

She is now up in heaven with her grand daughter Ashley, who died 2 years ago in an accident.  I know Ashley is looking forward to showing her grandmother around "town".

Please, pray for my family as they embark on this week of mourning and preparations.  I will be heading down when I know the details of the arrangements.

2 comments:

  1. Amy, I'm really sorry for your loss. I saw my mom go through the loss of my Dad 11 years ago. It's really hard for the first year, but it does get easier with time. Not better, just different. I really feel that sometimes my Dad is still watching out for us, sending signs, and even dreams. I hope your Dad is comforted by the little things he sees as signs too. Take care during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear that Amy... :(

    ReplyDelete