That day I wrote about on Monday...hasn't ended yet. In all honesty, it has gotten worse.
I think it is time for IVs.
I don't have health insurance right now, only hospital insurance so for me to get IVs I have to spend a minimum of 14 days inpatient.
I've started an email to my doctor to send to her on Tuesday so we can decide what to do. I could try a round of oral Cipro but I think I am too far past that. I cough constantly, and not just my normal cough, a nice hacking mucus filled cough. My energy is crap and don't even get me started on SOB. OK get me started, its so bad an 8 year old commented on it today!!! Her words "why are you so out of breath?" This was said after walking maybe 50 feet to my Jeep to get in.
It's bad. My peak flow numbers are horrific; 190-200 pre-albuterol, 250 post. I usually hover between 300-350 depending on the day.
I was HOPING to wait till after December 1st when my insurance is scheduled to start again so I can be in for 5 days then finish the 14 days at home. But Peter doesn't think I should wait, and if I think about it I don't think I should either. All it is going to do is cause more damage to my already shitty lungs.
And then of course there is Thanksgiving which I would have to miss and my last two art classes. And Peter and I's 1 year anniversary. I'd be getting screwed in all directions!
So the plan is to email Dr. D.on Tuesday and she what she thinks. I can almost guarantee she will admit me. But fingers crossed she will want to wait (though I have to really think if I want to wait) and allow me to spend my first "real" holiday in MA, away from my family, with my new family, instead of in the hospital.