Tuesday, May 26, 2015

CF Awareness Post Question Day 26

I took a break from CF awareness this weekend to celebrate Memorial Day and remember why we celebrate.  God bless the fallen service men and their families.

I know you like the winter months the most. Having CF is there any seasons that are better for you. Or months.

I love the snow of the winter months but my lungs do not like the cold!  I was hospitalized this past January primarily because of the awful cold weather we had making my lungs constrict so much I was requiring 3L of oxygen while exercising.  Normally I would need none for what I was doing. 

The summer isn’t too bad for my allergies but the excessive heat makes me lose more salt than I normally do and I dehydrate faster.  And the humidity makes it difficult for me to breathe. 

In spring the allergies get to me a lot. 


Fall is probably the least awful for me.  Luckily it is my favorite season.  Allergies are at bay, for me, and the really cold weather hasn’t hit full force yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment