Monday, October 25, 2010

Dilemma Solved!

It has taken me a while to write but I wanted to make sure I had everything done and lined up before I made an announcement.

I am officially a consultant!

I decided to do it.  I spoke with a friend of mine, who is also a CFer and she gave me some good info.  Apparently with SSDI you have the option to work for 9 months in a 60 month period and earn any amount of money.   How can you go wrong with that?!?!  So I let the guy know at the company and today he sent me all the paperwork to fill out.  And next step is them mailing me a workstation to do the work from home!  I was ecstatic when he told me they can mail it.  Saves me a trip to PA, which has been difficult doing because of the lack of funds.

Once I get my first assignment, I will let my long term disability company know.  I am still waiting to send them the refund for over paying me since June.  I was aware I would have to send all my SSDI money to them when I was approved and I am in the process of that right now.  That is a long story that involves a very annoying old bank account and a great new one and trying to get everything organized.

My crochet business has also been very fruitful.  I have gotten a few orders from friends on facebook and I have been crocheting up a storm.  It's s nice being busy again!  But the busy is at home, at my pace and not a must do busy.  Its stress free.

1 comment: