Saturday, August 16, 2008

This is why I am crazy

Sometimes I drive myself bonkers!!! Today is feeling like one of those days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stopped at my moms this morning on my way to the bank and to get my hair cut so I could throw in a load of wash. The living room always smells like smoke. They smoke in there though they claimt hey won't when I move in.

So left and came back after my running around to put the wet clothes in the dryer. I walked in and BOTH of them were smoking. Feeling annoyed and rather congested today, I said (in a bitchy voice no less) "you're not gonna smoke in the house when I move in, right?" To which my mom replied "no", then said even bitchier than me, "ya know". You have to know my mom to get that last statement. She says it when she is pissed and emphasizes the "know" portion. Basically stating that its her house and she will do what she pleases - IMO of course!

But its shit like that which pisses me off to no end! HELLO your daughter has a serious lung issue and has to move in with you because it is getting worse and she can't work full time. Maybe NOT smoking in the house where she comes and will be living would be a smart idea!!!!

My DR has told her she needs to quit. I have given her numerous articles and such to get her to quit. She just won't do it. She says she needs to because she gets stressed and she will get fat if she quits smoking. Fuck that? Who the hell cares? Maybe not killing your daughter would be enough of a reason to stop?!?!

I'm tempted to tell her that I won't move in unless they both quit but I can see that back firing on me. Though a friend of mine is getting divorced and he needs a roommate to help with the house. I will see him tonight at a party so maybe he and I can discuss this. He is like a brother to me, we grew up together. And he doesn't smoke.

Ahhh, such is the life of the sick and single. Oh and the confused!!!!

<3

4 comments:

  1. My mother knows every single thing about me. It kind of amazes me how ignorant some others' families tend to be. It just seems elementary to me that your mother would be up on this.

    I'm sorry circumstances keep changing. Maybe being with the roommate is indeed the better idea. I hope you arrive at a good conclusion.

    corypa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughhh! You shouldn't have to put up with that!!! Maybe seeking a different living situation is a good idea. I am so sorry you are dealing with this Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that your mom quits for both of your sakes. Both my parents smoked before I was diagnosed. I guess my having CF was an eye opener for them plus they knew the second hand smoke was bad for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry Amy. I hope they stop the smoking. It certainly isn't something you need to be around. Could you still save some money if you live with your friend? It might just be something to consider. I'll be thinking of you.

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete