Saturday, August 9, 2008

Unhappy

I hate being miserable. It is not becoming on me. I should smile, people tell me all the time I have a great smile. But today is one of those days where I am miserable. Actually I was happy up until a few hours ago. Dam mood swings. I have been wondering for some time now if I have PMDD. I decided to keep track since alot of the symptoms are things I experience a week before I get my period. All of my recent emotional breakdowns (these are categorized by uncontrollable crying and feeling deperate) happened the week before I got my period. Then once I get it I am good, I feel great. I actually PRAY for my period to come so that I can be happy again. This has been going on for years!!! Every month I wish this. But it just dawned on me recently that maybe it is more than just PMS. I'm gonna keep track for the next 3 months and see how things go. if I notice a pattern (which I am bound to see) then I will be mentioning it to my OB. I'm already on anti-depressants so what they can do for me is beyond me.

Great, possible one more thing to add to my list. Oh yay!

1 comment:

  1. I'm one of those ones that doesn't often seem depressed, but I have faught it for at least 22 years. The older I get, the more vicious it gets. I've done meds and psychologists in the past, and they work to an extent, but not perfect. I am a guy, as you know, so I don't get PMS (duh). But I do notice a cyclical nature to my depression, so no matter how vicious by bad cycle phase is, I usually remember that a good phase is up ahead. Sometimes that's enough to cheer me up. Sometimes not.

    Sounds like a more chemical thing with you; the PMS/DD sounds like a valid culprit.

    At least you know you are liked, and like life a lot, it seems. That's a huge part of life's battle.

    ReplyDelete