Wednesday, December 31, 2008

NEW YEAR'S EVE

Well here it is NEW YEAR’S EVE!!!!!!!  Yay!!  Time for a new year woot!!!!  This one wasn’t as bad as I had thought it would be.  I was only hospitalized once!  Though who knows what the appointment on the 14th will bring hehe.

I have lots going on tonight.  2 parties to go to, which I will be taking and posting pictures of.  And then Tuesday, I am so super excited about this, my friend Frank Farry was elected to the House of Representatives and Tuesday is the inauguration ceremony in Harrisburg.  AND I AM GOING!!!!  They rented a bus and I was able to get on it so I can see him get sworn into office.  I just have to change my dermatologist appointment from Wednesday since I will have to work that day instead.  Not a big deal, its only my skin and how often I will I get to see a friend be a member of Congress???? 

In honor of New Year’s I did a resolution list:

They are in no particular order, just how they came to me. 

1. Have more of a social life.  I never see my friends anymore and going out has become a once in 3 months thing.  I don’t want to be a party animal again but I would like to keep in contact with my friends so they know I still exist. 

2. WORK OUT.  I haven’t been to the gym in forever.  Mostly because of my lack of energy which I also need to work on. 

3. Get my energy back.  Not sure how I can do this but I have a year to figure it out. 

4. Read more.  I tend to get sucked into the internet just like everyone else but I need to stop.  I need to read more.  I love to read and I love to get lost in stories.  

5. Write more.  This doesn’t necessarily mean blog more.  Just write more.  I have my short story written but it could use some tweaking before I attempt to send it to a publisher.  

6. Work on that pesky thing called health.  I know my numbers suck and I know I need to work on them.  Exercising will help that.  So will a better mood.  Once I nail those down hopefully my numbers will improve.  I’m not asking for much, just 45%. 

7. Figure out my finances and get them in order.  I need to be realistic about my spending…I don’t buy anything except food and gas.  All I do is pay bills…thanks student loans and the US government.  I need to start saving.  My 401k is not that great and when I stop working I will be relying on that to pay off things that I can’t keep paying while not working.  That was a mouthful.  I did start this by setting up LOTS of automatic payments with my online banking.  So that should keep me in line.  I don’t spend money on things I don’t need I spend too much trying to pay things off then end up having to put basics on the credit card like food and gas when I run out of money.  Beats the purpose of it haha! 

8. Be a better person.  I am not happy with who I am and I need to work on that. 

9. Cross more things off of my 101 things to do in 1001 days list. 

Well that’s all I could think of for now.  I am sure as the days go by in the next week or so I will think of some more things. 

Hope everyone has a safe and fun new year’s.  Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!!!!!!!!!


EDITED to add:

I forgot tomorrow I am going to LBI to watch the lighting of the lighthouse.  It hasn't been lit in over 400 years or some high number like that.  :)

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you've got a plan. I'm so bad at following through. I'm going to try and stay motivated this year too.

    I hope you enjoy your parties. Be safe.

    Happy New Year!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete